Electrical Components Market Research Reports Analysis and Trends
Electrical elements packaged in discrete forms with two or more connecting leads or metallic pads are known as electronic components. Electrical components are connected together with solder to printed circuit boards to make electronic circuit boards with functions such as amplifiers, radio receivers, or oscillators.
Different Types of Electrical Components
Electrical components include:
- Wires and cables or devices to conduct electrical current.
- Terminals and connectors or devices to make electrical connections.
- Cords or cables with connectors or terminals at the ends.
- Switches or components that may be made to either conduct or non-conductive.
- Resistors or components that dissipate electrical energy as heat.
- Protection devices or passive components that protect circuits from excessive currents of voltages.
- Capacitors or components that store electrical charge in an electrical field.
- Magnetic or inductive devices or electrical components that use magnetism.
- Networks or components that use more than one type of passive component.
- Piezoelectric devices, crystals, resonators, passive components that use the piezoelectric effect.
- Power sources or sources of electrical power, transducers, sensors, detectors, solid state components, semiconductors, diodes, transistors, integrated circuits, hybrid circuits, optoelectronics, thermionic valves, vacuum tubes or active devices that operate in vacuums,
- Assemblies, modules or multiple electronic components assembled in a device for use as components, prototyping aids, mechanical accessories, printed circuit boards, and lamps, etc.
Electrical Components Industry Current Trends
As per the reports, the performance of global electrical components & equipment market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated compound annual growth rate i.e. CAGR of 3.2% for the five-year period 2010-2015, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $98.6 billion by the end of 2015. And the sales of power cables proved the most lucrative for the global electrical components & equipment market in 2010, with total revenues of $46 billion, equivalent to 54.8% of the market's overall value.
Major Electrical Components Industry Players
Some of the major electrical components industry players in India include Deki Electronics Ltd., Elymer, Sanghi Yantra Udyog, Syntron Controls and many more.