IT Security Market Research Reports Analysis and Trends
The protection of information assets through the use of technology, processes, and training is termed as IT Security.
Because of the increased internet usage, there are many companies who are opening their information system to their partners and suppliers, due to which it is essential to know which of the company's resources, need protection. IT security ensures that an organization's material and software resources are used only for their intended purposes. Hence, IT Security is very much necessary.
There is a rapid growth in demand for IT security solutions due the increasing deployment of IT-enabled business solutions. Businesses and corporate worldwide are migrating from their conventional operations to IT-enabled solutions to increase their productivity and keep themselves updated with the rapidly changing IT trends.
IT security goals:
There are five main goals of IT security, which include integrity, confidentiality, availability, non- repudiation, and authentication.
- The goal of integrity is to guarantee that the data are those that they are believed to be.
- The goal of confidentiality is to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to the resources being exchanged.
- The goal of availability is to guarantee access to a service or resources.
- The non-repudiation of information is the guarantee that none of the parties involved can deny an operation at a later date.
- Authentication confirms a user's identity. An access control for example an encrypted password grants access to resources only to authorized individuals.
As per the reports, the Global IT Security market is witnessing data-centric security. The complexity of security threats is increasing, due to which there is a loss of significant amounts of confidential information. Companies have started adopting security solutions that are data-centric, i.e., based on user privilege, and enabling only certain users to view or access data.
IT Security Industry Current Trends
As per the reports given by TechNavio's analysts, forecast has been made that the Global IT Security Market might grow at a CAGR of 13.13 % over the period 2011-2015. The complexity of IT security threats such as advanced persistent threat i.e. APT which targets the whole setup is one of the key factors contributing to this market growth.
Major IT Security Industry Players
Some of the major IT Security industry players in India are AD Group, Arecont Vision, Honeywell, Proxim Wireless Corporation, RISCO Group, A&H Software House, Inc, Bosch Security Systems, CEM Systems Ltd, DSX Access Systems, Inc. and many more.
The key vendors that are dominating the IT security market space include Symantec Corp., McAfee Inc., Trend Micro Inc., and IBM Corp.