IT Services Market Research Reports Analysis and Trends
The implementation and management of quality IT services that meet the needs of the business is called as IT services or IT services management. The IT service management is performed by IT service providers through a suitable mix of people, process and technology.
IT services includes application of business and technical expertise which assist organizations in the creation, management and optimization of or access to information and business processes.
Based on the type of skills that are employed to deliver the service such as design, build and run, the IT services market can be segmented into different categories of service namely business process services, application services and infrastructure services. If these services are outsourced, then they are referred to as business process outsourcing i.e. BPO, applications outsourcing i.e. AO and infrastructure outsourcing.
As per the reports given by research and analyst firm Gartner, in India, domestic IT services market is fast transitioning, with thoughtful changes in buying needs and behaviour. The number, size and scale of IT services deals are increasing. As companies grow in size and scale, the market is likely to see larger IT services which deals with more complicated deal engagement practices.
IT Services Industry Current Trends
- As per the report given by Business Line, in India, the IT services market is forecast to reach $10.2 billion in 2013, with a 12 % rise from an estimated $9.1 billion in 2012.
- As per the report given by Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry study, the IT services market in the Middle East, which was valued at $3.6bn in 2011, is estimated to reach $5.2bn by 2015, growing at 9.6% annually over the five-year period.
- The major growth in the IT services market in the Middle East is mainly due to the government support for IT initiatives and increase in the demand for IT services because of the rapid growth of the small- and medium-sized enterprises i.e. SME segment in the Middle East. Several regional governments such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Egypt have taken initiatives to implement e-governance in offices, schools, and colleges, which is driving the growth of the market.
- As per the report given by Frost & Sullivan, the European healthcare IT services market continues to grow. The market segment earned revenues of 1.19 billion euros in 2011and is estimated to reach 1.45 billion euros in 2017.
- Report given by Infiniti Research finds that services market in Latin America is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 9.93 over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is increasing government support. The IT Services market in Latin America has also been witnessing the increasing adoption of cloud services.
Major IT Services Industry Players
Some of the global IT services industry players are Fujitsu, Accenture, Accenture plc, Capgemini S.A., HP Co., and IBM Corp, Fujitsu Ltd., Computer Sciences Corp., Neoris Inc., Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd., Sonda S.A., TCS Ltd., and Infosys Technologies Ltd.